Friday, June 6, 2014

These Days

So 2 weeks ago I finished my exams so my summer actually started may 22 this year! So my summer will be extra long this year. I counted and I will have a little over 13 weeks off for summer vacation! It has been great so far.. lots of sunny days at the beach and just chilling with people. This weekend my whole family including myself will be going down to Kristiansand for my brothers baseball tournament. It will be lots of fun as we camp out with the whole team and during the day I will go watch Erlend and his team play then at night we grill and have bonfires long into the night.

I wont be able to blog this weekend but the Monday be come back I will post something about the tournament, highlights and stuff like that.

Today I was outside most of the time as it was soooo sunny and warm! I went down to ride Punky and I put on his new 'green guard' which is something that makes it so he doesn't eat too much grass at one time as that can be harmful for the horse (its kind of like when humans eat too much cake in one sitting then feel sick the next day). So this makes sure he wont get sick as he is now at the summer pastures where the grass is very green and long! He loves it there as he gets to play and relax with his horse friends outside 24/7. Last year there was this beautiful tall mare that was staying at the same summer pastures as Punky, and this horse (Lorelie) just fell in love with Punky. They were quite the love birds (or should I say love ponies), they were inseparable and Punky took the role of protecting her. Every time I would take him in and ride him he would go crazy and he would demand that he be brought back to the pastures. He did not like being away from her as he was afraid some of the other horses might get a shot at her.

so good news for him! she is coming back this year! so he will be thrilled, I don't know how happy I will be as he turns into a down right stubborn teenager when she is around.

I am all about attracting things. I believe if you really want something all you have to do is put all your attention and energy in imagining you already have it and wishing you would have it (in a positive way) and relating positive energy to that thought of possessing this thing or idea. Then after you have mentally committed yourself to this idea I believe sooner or later it will come to you. I have gotten quite good at attracting things as I have become more aware of the power and strength the mind actually has. I am all about 'everything happening for a reason' and that is a plan for everyone. You can say I believe more in the idea that 'the universe' or 'the overall power of existence' controlling what's happening and what you attract rather than 'god' doing that. I still believe in god by all means!! Its just I believe he was and still is the creator but the universe controls your fate and the law of attraction. If you are more interested in the subject I speak of, that of attracting things you want in your life using the simplest tool you already own (your mind) please feel free to go on google and search up "the law of attraction" and you will find many books and articles written on this subject. I have barely scratched the surface on this idea or phenomenon so please google it and you will understand more (if you so wish to do so).

So what I was getting to was that these past few days I have attracted something I didn't exactly want. I got what I wanted or wished to want by attracting it, it just came in a different form or way that I would like. The law of attraction is VERY tricky as you could be subconsciously attracting something you didn't wish for and could be of nuisance to you. As you start mastering the act of attraction you have to start to become more aware of this power as you might start accidently attracting something. An example of this subconscious attraction of something negative you weren't aware about could be for example, say you keep on worrying about your pet fish possibly being sick. Well as the days go on and you consistently worry about your fish and only think about negative things when you are around your fish or just start to associate negative emotions of fear and uncertainty when you think of your fish, then you will start to attract this event actually occurring. Then for example next thing you know your pet fish dies or something. This is the simple explanation for the negative sides of having the power of attracting things or events. I didn't explain it full depth but I hope you get the idea.

A way to avoid this happening (accidently attracting negative things) is by acknowledging  this negative thought as it enters your mind (the one of your fish being sick) and rather switch your mindset to thinking positive things like how beautiful your fish is or how healthy it is/looks. Then you will attract more good things associated to your fish as you relate it to a positive energy rather than a negative one.

So what I wanted to say is that I have learned this lesson the hard way as I started to attract something I thought I wanted but then soon realised that it was not what I wished for at all. Sorry I got side tracked explaining everything! but the lesson of the day is to be careful what you wish for, as you just might get it.

I believe our thoughts are not our own. It is hard to explain this but I think thoughts come from an external source and not from our own mind. I believe our minds are just the middle man. There to project these thoughts or forms of energy to us and we can then choose to grab onto them and give our full attention to thinking about them or we can choose to let them go and not dwell on thinking about these thoughts. This idea that our thoughts are not our own helps with mindfulness as when you realize the bad thoughts you get are not from your own mind it is then easier to find inner peace. the fact that good thoughts come as easy as bad thoughts can ground your anxiety and make you detach yourself from these negative thoughts. Too many people wrap their own emotions to negative thoughts that weren't even their own to begin with. This can create depression, anxiety and stress.

I try practising meditation and mindfulness as it helps you view your thoughts as simply just clouds in the sky passing through. Something that will go away, something that did not come from you and is not your own, and something that you don't have to worry about. So when I get a random negative thought pop into my mind I acknowledging it and respect that it is there and then I let it go.. I let the cloud float on by.. This helps me stay positive as I detach myself from negative thoughts and just focus on the good. Now if you want to take it too the next level you can detach yourself from ANY thoughts that might appear in your mind and rather just be constantly present in the moment and just be an observer enjoying the day. Now it can be tricky at first but practice makes perfect! practice, practice, practice and you will get the hang of it, of course you wont be perfect but at least you know you are making a conscious effort! This technique of fully being present in the moment, grounding any emotions and being spiritually connected with your mind/body/soul will bring you true happiness. At least that's what I think! by no means am I an expert on this but I take baby steps and just take every day as it comes. I have a LONG way to go but hey I'm only 16 so I have a few years a head of me.

I thought I would give you a challenge linked to what I have been talking about!

Challenge: take 5 min of your day to just focus on your breathing, nothing else... simply close your eyes and take deep breaths in, out and just try focusing your attention just on your breaths. Don't try to control your breaths, just view them like they are not trying to change them. This will be a moment you are fully present and mindful of the moment. It is called mediation even if it is only for 5 min! Meditation is when you are fully present thinking about your breath or your body. This will ground your emotions, make you more peaceful and put you in a good mood for the rest of the day.

I hope you will try it! It is a perfect first step to introduce you to the idea of meditation and mindfulness. Then if you decide to continue practising this act of meditation you will then slowly become more peaceful and happy.

Hope you have an awesome fun filled day that makes you happy!

quote of the day: " We have, I fear, confused power with greatness."
                                                                                         -Stewart Udall
stay golden ;)

- Emilia



No comments:

Post a Comment